Location based rules trigger actions based on the location of your smartphone. For example, when you move away from the location, the light in the kitchen is switched off and when you return to the location, the light is automatically switched on again. There's need to press the light switch and actions such as switching on the Gigaset alarm system are automated and are never forgotten.
This is how a location based rule is setup:
- Switch to the "Rules" tab at the top of the screen in the "Smart Home" area.
- Press "Create rule".
- Select the desired location based rule: "Come home" or "Leave home".
- Select the desired smartphone that will activate the rule.
- Next, you can choose whether the rule will perform action(s) only, notification only, or a combination of both.
- Select the devices that should be affected by the rule.
- Define the behavior of the selected devices.
- When you are finished, click "Next" and, if desired, specify a time period in which the location based rule should be active.
- If you wish, you can set a duration for the rule.
- Finally, you can give the rule a name and assign an icon.
By using location based rules you can make your everyday life easier and safer.