In order for your advanced settings such as DynDNS, VPN, and port extensions to also be saved in a backup, you must perform the backup manually. All other default settings are saved automatically before the reset.
To create a manual backup, please follow these steps below:
- Connect to your WLAN at home.
- Go to the following website: http://internetbox.home/
- Login with your admin password (router password).
- Select the section "Internet Box".
- Press "Save configurations".
- Then select whether you want to save the configurations in My Swisscom or locally as a file on your computer.
- Finally, press "Save" and wait a short moment until the configuration has been successfully saved or downloaded.
- You can now reset your Internet box by clicking on "Reset to factory settings".
Restore configurations from local file:
- If you have saved the configuration as a file locally on your computer, you can restore the configuration in the same window at http://internetbox.home/ by clicking on "Restore configuration" and then selecting the file.
Restore configurations from My Swisscom:
If you have decided to save the backup in My Swisscom, proceed as follows:
- Open My Swisscom (https://www.swisscom.ch/myswisscom/) and go under "Settings & Services" to "Internet".
- Press "Back up settings" and select the most current backup
- Then press "Restore".